Thursday, September 13, 2012

Google Doodles, Music, and Manners

By: Alexandra Holmes
Good Morning,

I have been away from the computer for awhile. We just moved and....GASP....didn't have Internet for over a week!! I know...it was terrible...we had to talk to each other and play outside. Anyway, I'm connected to the real world again and have many things to catch up on here.

I am only stopping in today though and I will leave you with something to ponder as you go about your day.

In honor of the Google doodle today which depicts Clara Schumann, a very influential German composer, I am giving you a quote from her today on her birthday and some food for thought. Enjoy.


"There is nothing greater than the joy of composing something oneself and then listening to it." --Clara Schumann  

Clara, of course, was referring to the music that she spent her life composing but I can apply it in a different way. To me there is nothing better then seeing the result of my life's most important work. When I see my children do something kind or selfless I think..."Well, I must have done something right." or when I hear one of the boys tell his brother to chew with their mouth closed or when Wyatt the other day was caressing his new baby cousin so gently saying "Gentle baby". Those are the times when I sit back and enjoy the sweet music that my husband and I spend so much time trying to compose.

Maybe today take time to appreciate the things that you have worked to create, whether it is a sweet comment from your child or a project at work. Whatever it may be, make sure you acknowledge yourself for the good things that you do so that you continue to have the drive and inspiration to do more.

Have a great day. Thank you for reading!

--Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment